Kale Apple Cherry Drink
Make in a blender or food processor. Makes something like 40 - 48 ounces of delicious drink.
Blend on high 3 minutes
- 1+ cup fresh spinach (a big handful)
- 3 medium sized carrots, chopped
- 2 cups apple / cherry juice (I used Big B’s cherry apple juice)
- 1 ripe avocado halved and sliced
- 2 large strawberries, beheaded
- the flesh of 3 apricots
Blend on medium 1 minute
- 1 heaping teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ginger juice
- 1 medium banana broken into chunks
Blend on high 4 minutes
- 10oz frozen package of shredded kale
- 1 cup water
July 5th 2021 I’ve been making this without matcha, hemp hearts or chia seeds for a while so I removed them from the recipe.
June 4th 2021 I only had half an avocodo on hand today, the mixture is lumpy. I’ll remember to save the whole thing next time. :)
June 1st 2021 I love the way the cherry & apricot flavors combine. I can’t taste the strawberries but I imagine they add something!
- Added apricots
- Reduced blend times again
May 29th 2021 Tried fresh mango and strawberries
- Added strawberries
- Replaced frozen mango with fresh mango
May 26th 2021 It’s much better without the peanut butter
- Removed the peanut butter
May 24th 2021 An improvement! Next time back to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter though.
- Added an avocado and removed a banana
- Added 1/2 cup more water
- Added 1 heaping tsp of turmeric
- Increased peanut butter from 2 tablespoons to 3. (I liked the interaction with the cherry but now it covers the cherry a little too much)
- Reduced blend times